Join us for an evening of culture, food and friends at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
Friday, October 20, 2017
7:30pm – 10:00pm
Ticket Price: $70/ticket
Your ticket includes:
- 4-course dinner at the Gallery, provided by Storm Catering
- One complimentary drink ticket; cash bar
- Return transportation to the Fairmont Winnipeg
- 5-Spice Crusted Salmon with a Pineapple Mango Salsa with Cilantro
- Dried Bing Cherries, Havarti Cheese & Fresh Basil Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast in a Herbed Crust with Light Tomato Cream Sauce
- Vegetarian/gluten free option
300 Memorial Boulevard
The gallery is open until 9pm and guests are welcome to enjoy the gallery before dinner (gallery admission not included in your ticket).
INSURGENCE/RESURGENCE will herald innovative Indigenous curatorial practices, new museum templates, and modes of representation that reflect Indigenous ways of interpretation and understanding. This groundbreaking exhibition will represent a renaissance of Indigenous art that is affirmative and forward thinking. The focus will be on hope, self-determination, renewal and a re-visioning of Canada. The artists will represent the country’s provinces and territories and will feature newly commissioned work by emerging to mid-career artists, and a selection of established artists.
Our histories of this place we call home are interconnected and complex. The exhibition will cover a range of current topics including the environment, health, and alternative economies, using modern Indigenous curatorial practices that rethink didactics, texts, and the communication of ideas and aesthetics to broad audiences.